Saturday, February 24, 2018

All I Know, All I Know, Love Will Save the Day

I confess, a little bit of a stretch during #RepentingOfRacism while giving up "white" entertainment, we allowed it because the main character is black and incredible, (Jahi Diallo Winston is a glorious young actor, though the writers and producers are, indeed, all white...)... but we checked out Everything Sucks on Netflix. It's 90s high school nostalgia for the two of us, complete with one character's die-hard love for Tori Amos.   Yes, completely set in a mostly white suburban high school, which is, yes, similar to the high schools Darcie and I attended.

But...one scene has Jahi re-enacting 90s music videos, and he referenced this one. I had forgotten all about this song, and Yvette and Josh know how much this fit right into the lessons I re-learned this week:

All I know, all I know is love will save the day.  Thank you Des'Ree.



No comments:

Post a Comment